Monday, February 21, 2011

The List

I just watched "Food Inc." and it's inspired me to write my own little list of things. We've been convinced to be afraid of many things lately - such as terrorists, Muslims, illegal immigrants etc. Here's the list I think we should really be worried about:

  • Copyrighted seed production/ownership
  • Monsanto
  • Deregulated and privatized water
  • Water rights being sold to multi-national corporations
  • Water/food security in general
  • Capitalism being considered synonymous with democracy
  • Laws that allow college students to carry weapons on campuses - hello, have you been to college or to a campus party? 
  • Textbook production - the fact that Texas influences it so much
  • DNA copyrighting
  • Fox News 
  • Bills proposed to remove funding of public television and radio
That's just a start. I'm sure I'll add more later, but now it's time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. Oops, forgot to add, union busting and laws prohibiting transnational unionizing.

    ReplyDelete